NPA Phase 3
Northland Preparatory Academy (NPA) occupied their new building, also designed by JWA in 2012. The success of their program coupled with a new schedule to provide additional teacher class preparation time created the need for more space. This project was the construction of a new 9,400 S.F. classroom building. The building included (6) classrooms, a dance studio with changing room, restrooms, offices, storage, and a Kiln Room. The site work included a new parking lot, installing all utilities to the building, sidewalks, ADA ramps, and landscaping.
The exterior design honors the existing building’s massing and finishes. Due to its prominence at Soliere and Fourth Street, the corner is glazed to afford both views out to the Peaks and to give a glamour of views to the dance program at the interior. The glazing was carefully analyzed and designed to provide shade from the sun.
- OWNER: Northland Preparatory Academy
- PROJECT SIZE: 9,400 SF
- PROJECT LOCATION: 3300 Sparrow Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- YEAR BUILT: 2015
- CONTRACTOR: Benally/Woodruff Construction
- LEED RATING: None
- PROJECT SITE: Occupied During Construction
- Cost Estimating (Budget)
- Project Scheduling
- Value Engineering
- Constructability Reviews
- Site Verifications
PROJECT ROLE: CMAR - Design/Build
- Contribution to design consisted primarily in budget & constructability consulting.
- Percent of work self-performed: 25%
- Location: Flagstaff General Contractor